The NSEF Scotia Series is a provincial program designed to promote and encourage participation in western, english, hunter, hack, jumper, dressage, and driving disciplines across Nova Scotia. The program supports community horse clubs, generating interest and encouraging athletes and coaches to achieve personal success at competitions at an introductory or grassroots level.
The NSEF supports and facilitates the activities that take place at qualifying events to ensure athletes of all ages, recreational or competitive, have the opportunity to compete. Scotia Series rewards athletes and their horse for their dedication by recognizing their efforts at the local, district and provincial level through our series' awards program.
All Scotia Series Competitions are found in our Events Calendar
Organizers who wish to host a Scotia Series competition can contact the NSEF Office for details. Scotia Series competitions can be held in conjunction with other competitions and organizers are not required to host all Scotia Series classes. Simply host the classes you want to hold.
Process for hosting a Scotia Series competition:
2) Submit a copy of the prize list/competition information
4) Host your competition
5) Submit the post-competition requirements
1) Remit NSEF memberships you collected on our behalf (if applicable)
3) Remit the $3 per competitor fee (one fee per competitor in the Scotia Series competition) - i.e. 25 competitors in the Scotia Series competition @ $3 = $75. This fee can be charged directly to the competitor or included in the competition administration fee. The fees go towards year-end awards and the administration of the Scotia Series.
4) Submit Competition Results - for more information see the Scotia Series Competition Rulebook.